As many as 14 persons were killed and five others seriously injured when the pick-up rickshaw carrying them collided with a container truck near Chorakhali village in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra today, police said.
"The mishap occurred when their three-wheeler of Piaggio-make collided with the container truck coming from the opposite direction, killing the victims on the spot", SP Sachin Patil told PTI.
All the victims hailed from Uplai village in Kalamb tehsil and were returning from Tuljapur, he said, adding that their identity is being established.
The driver of the container truck fled the spot after the accident, police said, adding that the injured were rushed to the district civil hospital.
Maharashtra: 14 Killed in a Road Mishap
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid Makes Inroads Into Remote Himachal Villages
- Outcry After J&K Police ‘Beat Women’ To Impose Corona Curfew
- Private Traders Saw Second Wave Coming, Hoarded Oxygen But Government Didn’t
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- How To Tackle 2nd Covid Wave: 9 Points From Opposition To Centre
- Modi’s War Against Covid: From ‘Timely & Tough’ to ‘Worrying’
- Column: Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- NC Condemns Israeli 'Atrocities' On Palestinians
- Fencer Bhavani Almost Skipped Qualifying
- Saina, Srikanth's Olympic Hopes Over