Amid high drama, Kolkata-based model Dimpy Ganguly walked out of her four-month-old TV marriage with Rahul Mahajan, accusing him of "punching, kicking and dragging" her by hair only to return home after an apparent patch-up.
Dimpy, 22, married Rahul, 36, son of late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan, with much fanfare on the NDTV Imagine reality show Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega in March this year.
"Rahul beat me up early on Thursday morning after waking me up to know the contents of a message that had beeped on my phone. When I asked him to go back to sleep, he flew into a rage and began hitting me. He punched, kicked and dragged me by hair," Dimpy said.
Dimpy showed bruises on her shin and right and left hands. Her left cheek was also swollen and she had a lump on her head.
The model, who left home vowing never to return, told reporters that she had had a "conversation" with Rahul, who expressed regret. Dimpy returned to the Mahajan residence in Worli in the afternoon today.
"Rahul has apologised. He regrets his action sincerely. I am sad at what happened," Dimpy said, adding "I haven't recovered from what happened."
"I am extremely upset and hurt," Dimpy said, adding, "I need some time alone to recover."
Asked about the future of her marriage, the model said she did not want to comment further and needed time to think things over.
"Till that time I want to be left alone. Right now this is all I can tell you," she said.
Dimpy reportedly decided to talk things over with Rahul at the behest of his family.
"All is well," Rahul said later in the day, seeking to downplay the episode.
"Dimpy is back. She has already given a statement to the media. She is at home right now and resting. In the world, I don't love anything more than I love Dimpy...All is well," said Rahul.
This is the second time that Rahul, who is also involved in a drug abuse case, has been accused of domestic violence.
His first wife Shweta Singh, who was his childhood friend, had accused him of physically abusing her. The couple got divorced in 2008 after which Rahul participated in Colors' reality show Big Boss. He continued to be in the limelight for his closeness with co-contestants Monica Bedi and Payal Rohatgi.
Incidentally, Rohatgi too alleged harassment by Rahul, saying he has been calling her asking for a second chance.
"I just don't want to be harassed anymore. That's about it. I don't want to speak to him. He is a married guy," Rohatgi said.
However, Dimpy's co-contestant Nikunj Malik on the reality show, seemed less sympathetic to Dimpy's plight.
"The kind of charges that Dimpy has pressed on Rahul, they sound very childish...If she had such a fear for her life, she would have reported to the police rather than going to the media," said Nikunj, who was a finalist on the show.
Mahajan's Wife Alleges Domestic Violence, Walks Out
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases, 3,754 Deaths
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- Natasha Narwal Granted Interim Bail After Father Dies Of Covid-19
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- BCCI Will Be Ultra-cautious For T20 World Cup: Jimmy Neesham