Uttarakhand High Court has rejected the bail application of former Uttar Pradesh minister Amarmani Tripathi, a convict in the Madhumita Shukla murder case.
A division bench comprising Acting Chief Justice B C Kandpal and justice Sudhanshu Dhulia rejected Tripathi's bail application, after CBI counsels contended that if released on bail, the former minister might influence witnesses in other murder cases in which he is facing trials, officials said.
Tripathi had appealed to the court to grant him bail stating that his son had to undergo an operation of gall bladder and there was no one in the family to look him after as his wife Madhumani was also in jail.
However, the CBI counsels opposed his application and said there were other members in the family who could look after his son.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Dehra Dun court in the murder case of poetess Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow in May 2003.
Madhumita Murder Case: Tripathi's Bail Plea Rejected
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP Stalwart Arun Jaitley To Be Cremated At Nigambodh Ghat Today, Leaders Pay Last Respects
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- 1st Test, Day 3: Rahane Takes IND To Commanding Position Over WI
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Cup Final: Vicuna Blames Refereeing For MB's Loss To GKFC
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face