Uttarakhand High Court has rejected the bail application of former Uttar Pradesh minister Amarmani Tripathi, a convict in the Madhumita Shukla murder case.
A division bench comprising Acting Chief Justice B C Kandpal and justice Sudhanshu Dhulia rejected Tripathi's bail application, after CBI counsels contended that if released on bail, the former minister might influence witnesses in other murder cases in which he is facing trials, officials said.
Tripathi had appealed to the court to grant him bail stating that his son had to undergo an operation of gall bladder and there was no one in the family to look him after as his wife Madhumani was also in jail.
However, the CBI counsels opposed his application and said there were other members in the family who could look after his son.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Dehra Dun court in the murder case of poetess Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow in May 2003.
Madhumita Murder Case: Tripathi's Bail Plea Rejected
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB