Uttarakhand High Court has rejected the bail application of former Uttar Pradesh minister Amarmani Tripathi, a convict in the Madhumita Shukla murder case.
A division bench comprising Acting Chief Justice B C Kandpal and justice Sudhanshu Dhulia rejected Tripathi's bail application, after CBI counsels contended that if released on bail, the former minister might influence witnesses in other murder cases in which he is facing trials, officials said.
Tripathi had appealed to the court to grant him bail stating that his son had to undergo an operation of gall bladder and there was no one in the family to look him after as his wife Madhumani was also in jail.
However, the CBI counsels opposed his application and said there were other members in the family who could look after his son.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Dehra Dun court in the murder case of poetess Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow in May 2003.
Madhumita Murder Case: Tripathi's Bail Plea Rejected
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Explained: What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Lockdowns And Curfews: List Of States, UTs Clamping Down Against Covid-19
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- The Shadow Of Satellite On Negroponte Switch
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly