The Lokayukta police has served summons issued by a special court on former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy and his wife seeking their appearance before the court on August 30 in a private complaint charging him with recommending renewal of a private firm's mining lease.
The summons were served on August 11, Lokayukta sources told PTI.
On August 8, the Lokayukta court had ordered issue of summons to Kumaraswamy, JDS Karnataka unit president, and his wife on a private complaint filed by a city-based advocate accusing him of recommending renewal of Jentakal Mining Company's mining lease and also allotting land to a private housing cooperative society for "personal gains".
Meanwhile Kumaraswamy claimed that he had committed no offence by ordering bulk allotment of land to a private housing society, over which a private complaint was filed and a local court issued summons to him and his wife.
He told reporters he only ordered that the bulk allotment be made to the society in accordance with a High Court order and as per the decision of the earlier government in 1999.
Kumaraswamy said his wife was allotted a residential site by the private housing society in April 2006 and she returned it within 45 days of the allotment.
"True facts were not presented before the court.As a result it has issued me summons. I will abide by the court verdict. If I am found guilty, I would not hesitate to retire from politics", he said.
Kumaraswamy, who has been asked to appear before the court on August 30, said his lawyers would file response to the allegations levelled against him.
He blamed an official of the Mines and Geology Department for his name figuring in the Lokayukta report over recommending for a mining lease renewal to Jentakal mining company to "cover up" his (official) lapses.
"I am confident of coming clean out of these allegations", Kumaraswamy said.
Lokayukta Police Serves Summons to Kumaraswamy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly