Writers and critics today called for a face-lift to the birthplace of renowned litterateur Sachchidananda Hirananda Vatsyayana 'Agyeya' in Kushinagar village of Deoria district in Uttar Pradesh.
Eminent writers from different parts of the country, who assembled here to attend the three-day birth centenary function of Agyeya, urged the government to help construct the litterateur's memorial at his birthplace.
On the occasion, poet Kedarnath Singh pointed out that Ageya's birthplace still remains under the possession of the Archaeology Department. For upgrading process, it is imperative that the Archaeology Department returns it to the government, he said.
Prominent novelist Giriraj Kishore asserted that consolidated efforts are required from Hindi writers to get back Agyeya's birthplace from the Archaeology Department. Kishore claimed that several invaluable things associated to prominent writer Nirala were lost as they could not be preserved.
Therefore, it has to be ensured that Agyeya's contribution to the Hindi literature is not lost in a similar manner, he added.
Litterateurs Demand Face-Lift for Agyeya's Birthplace
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Live Updates: Leaders Pay Last Respect To Arun Jaitley, Funeral Procession Begins
- Obituary | Arun Jaitley: Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- '..We End Up With Our Voice Being Taken Away': IAS Officer Hailed For Role In Kerala Floods Quits
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- Nothing More 'Anti-National' Than Shutting Down Of Democratic Rights In Kashmir: Priyanka Gandhi
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan'
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- I Am Disappointed With Myself: KL Rahul
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi Calls For Mass Movement Against Plastic Waste From October 2
- World Badminton: PV Sindhu, Kento Momota Eye Titles In Basel
- NASA Investigating First Crime Committed In Space: Report