Sri Lanka has lodged a strong protest with the Norwegian government over a reported meeting held by LTTE's advisory committee in Oslo, where it said an action plan was formulated to announce a transnational government of Tamil Ealam.
Foreign Minister Rohitha Bogollagama summoned the Norwegian Ambassador Tore Hattrem and told him that Colombo viewed with serious concern that LTTE and its proxies were meeting and operating in Norway.
"Bogollagama informed Hattrem that the Government of Sri Lanka had learnt of a meeting in Oslo, Norway by LTTE front organisations this month where an action plan for the establishment of a Provisional Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (PTGTE) had been formulated," Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
The Minister pointed out that the bilateral relations between Sri Lanka and Norway were strong, and such activities should not be permitted by Norway to take place on its soil.
"Such meetings would only lead to what the LTTE had been seeking all these years, of a separate state, and that Norway should not allow activities which are a threat to Sri Lanka's sovereignty," he said.
Hattrem said his government shared Sri Lanka's concern, maintaining that Norway has been against a separate state and had remained consistent on this issue, the statement said.
Lanka Protests Reported LTTE Meeting in Norway
T V Sriram/Colombo
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Casteaways: Hathras Throws Up Uncomfortable Questions For BJP
- Khushbu Sundar Dropped As Congress Spokesperson, To Join BJP Today
- Carlton Chapman Dead, Former Indian Football Captain Was 49
- Life Hit In Mumbai After Massive Power Outage Due To Grid Failure
- The Curious Case Of True Indology And Other Tweets
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Madhubani Diary: Dalit Artist Paints A Portrait With Words
- Hathras Rape Victim's Family To Appear Before HC Today
- Ranking Mechanism For Vocational Training Institutions
- Teenage Girl Accuses Father And Boyfriend Of Raping Her
- 100% Cut Off In DU Admission Reflects Absurdity In Board Marks
- In A First, Eight Indian Beaches Get Blue Flag Status
- French Open Final: Nadal Thrashes Djokovic, Ties Federer's Slam Record
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Reply On Pleas Challenging Farm Laws