In a bid to woo investors back to West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said there would be no land hurdle for setting up industry in the state and her government would not allow any bandhs and blockades.
"If you want to invest in Bengal, land will not be a problem and anybody holding land in excess of the ceiling can send us proposals. We have cleared seven such cases," the Chief Minister said at the inauguration of 'Bengal Leads 2012 and investment' seminar.
Banerjee told the industry heads that Bengal was No.1 in industry in the not-too-distant past, but regretted that because of reasons known to everybody the state now lagged behind.
"Our vision is to make the state flourish with industrial activities," Banerjee said.
She said that not only large industries, there was ample scope for investment in fisheries, healthcare and the small scale sector in the state.
In addition to this, she said the state had cheap and good human capital, natural resources like forests and rivers offering immense opportunity for investment.
Taking a jibe at the previous Left front government, she said, "I play the bat directly and not for match fixing".
She said Bengal was also a good stepping stone for investors who serve Northeastern states and neighbouring countries like Bangladesh.
Prominent industrialists from outside West Bengal who attended the seminar include Llyod chairman Atul Punj, DLF Vice-Chairman Rajeev Singh, Sajjan Jindal of JSW Steel along with local industry captains like Y C Deveshwar of ITC, RPG Sanjeev Group Chief Sanjiv Goneka, GP Goenka of Duncan Group, Purnendu Chatterjee from TCG, M K Jalan of Kevenkar Agro, Harsh Netio of Bengal Ambuja among others.
Land Not a Problem for New Industry in Bengal: Mamata
THE LATEST ISSUE
- LJP Leader Ram Vilas Paswan Passes Away At The Age Of 74
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Spins Hyderabad To Big Win After Warner-Bairstow Show
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Development Of Ladakh Troubles China: Anurag Thakur
- Hathras Case: Accused Claims Victim's Family Was 'Against Our Friendship'
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- UP Police Violated SC Guidelines: Kerala Journalists Union
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Bihar Elections: Owaisi, Kushwaha Float New Front Of Six Parties
- Rashid Reflects On Scoreboard Pressure