In a landmark move in India's cricket administration, former India captain Anil Kumble, and pace bowling partners Javagal Srinath and Venkatesh Prasad are all set to contest Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) elections for the 2011-2013 term scheduled to be held on November 21.
Even another former India captain Rahul Dravid, who is still playing international cricket is believed to be contesting the elections.
Both Srinath and Prasad admitted that they are set to contest the elections but didn't divulge much about their prospective move.
"Yes, we are contesting the KSCA elections but we will only speak to the media in detail tomorrow," Prasad said when PTI contacted him.
"I don't want to say anything now since we will talk to the media tomorrow." Srinath pointed out
Earlier, long-standing KSCA secretary Brijesh Patel in a press release confirmed that he won't be contesting for the secretary's post during the upcoming term.
"I had the honour of serving the Karnataka State Cricket Association as its Honorary Secretary for the past twelve years. I contributed to the Association in all my might and put my heart and soul to the growth and development of the association during these years.
"Now, I have decided to step aside and not contest the ensuing elections and support the young distinguished Test cricketers Anil Kumble, Javagal Srinath, Rahul Dravid and others in the coming elections who have pledged to take KSCA forward in the coming challenging years.," the release stated.
"We cricketers, GR VIswanath, Syed Kirmani, Roger Binny, Sudhakar Rao, J Abhiram, others and myself came together in 1998 to contribute to KSCA's growth and prosperity. We put in our best efforts collectively for the past twelve years with utmost sincerity with the interest of the institution as our single goal.
"With the changing times, I’m of the firm belief that fresh energy, new ideas and young feet are always good for an institution. We at Karnataka are indeed lucky that we have living cricketing legends Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid, Javagal Srinath and others who are willing to sacrifice their time and energy to take Karnataka cricket forward," it further stated.
"I've seen these cricketers closely and I’ve immense faith and utmost confidence in their ability and commitments to make KSCA a model association not only of the country but also of the world."
It will be interesting to see whether they have to contest the elections or chosen unanimously.
Although there has been ex-cricketers in the administration but never have a clutch of cricketers of such stature decided to come into administration.
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly also expressed his wish to be a part of the CAB administration but his role has mainly been restricted to attending the Annual AGMs and working committee meetings.
Kumble, Srinath,Prasad to Contest KSCA Elections
THE LATEST ISSUE
- BJP Stalwart Arun Jaitley To Be Cremated Today, Leaders Pay Last Respects
- Obituary | Arun Jaitley: Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- '..We End Up With Our Voice Being Taken Away': IAS Officer Hailed For Role In Kerala Floods Quits
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- I Am Disappointed With Myself: KL Rahul
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- World Badminton: PV Sindhu, Kento Momota Eye Titles In Basel
- NASA Investigating First Crime Committed In Space: Report
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face