Karnataka government's financial status is sound, with tax revenue among the highest in the country, doubling in the last five years, Governor H R Bhardwaj said today.
Stating that the financial status has been very good, he told the joint session of the legislature on the opening day of the Budget Session in his customary address, "Fiscal deficit and public debt have been within the targets prescribed by the Central government and the 13th Finance Commission".
Over the last five years, the tax revenues of the state have more than doubled. Tax revenue is 10 per cent of GSDP and per-capita plan expenditure is Rs 6810, both among the highest in the country, he said. The Plan size has increased by two and a half times over the last five years.
In spite of deficit rainfall, annual food grain production is 125 lakh tonnes, higher than last year's 118 lakh tonnes.
Bhardwaj said a centre of good governance is being constituted and a compendium of citizen-centric innovations has been brought about to replicate success stories. The state has crossed transactions amounting to Rs 1,63,000 crore through e-procurement, leading to a saving of ten per cent to state exchequer.
Maintenance of land records is being modernised through scanning and digitisation, in order to ensure that individual's property title is protected, the Governor said in his 25-minute address.
Noting that first phase of Bangalore Metro project has already been commissioned, Bhardwaj said another 10.5 km between Peenya and Malleswaram would be operational in June this year. Approval of 72 kms long phase-2 costing Rs 26,405 crore is on the cards.
In order to reduce global warming, generation through renewable energy sources is emphasised, he said. So far 1913 mw of renewable energy projects are commissioned.
K'taka Govt's Financial Status Very Sound: Governor
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Over As Assam Chief Minister Today
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly