Kochi IPL team coach Geoff Lawson today said the entire team would be announced by march.
Speaking to reporters after the IPL trials in which 43 players took part, he said, "The team will be announced by march. We will do a through research... A camp was held in Mumbai also."
Lawson did not specify any names who are likely to make it to the Kochi IPL team from the selection trials here but said he was 'impressed with the local talent. Kerala cricket is in good hands."
On Pakistan players not being part of the IPL matches, Lawson, a former Pakistan coach, said that that was a loss and they should have been part of IPL.
On India's chances in the World Cup, Lawson said, "If they can avoid someone like Sreesanth, India should be a very good team. India is a strong team," he said.
"South Africa, Sri Lanka, England and India are the team which are likely to reach the semi finals. But don't rule out Australia," he said.
On who would captain the Kochi IPL team, Lawson said Mahela Jayewardene was the likely name.
Asked about the name of the Kochi team, Lawson replied, "Experts are discussing..."
Lawson, who also visited the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium here said it was a 'wonderful partnership with Kerala cricket Association for the IPL matches here.'
Kochi IPL Team to Be Ready By March: Lawson
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Captain Amitabh Singh, The Man Who Piloted Air-India's Mission Wuhan
- Coronavirus: India's 75 Districts, Including All 7 In Delhi, Locked Down Till March 31
- Coronavirus Live Updates: US Death Toll Soars Past 400; UAE Suspends Passenger Flights
- Air India's Corona Warriors, Who Brought Over A Thousand Home, Face Ostracisation In Housing Societies
- Coronavirus: German Chancellor Angela Merkel In Quarantine After Her Doctor Tests Positive
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Worldwide Deaths Cross 13,000, Italy Worst Hit; India Swings Into Action
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Private Firm Employees To Get Salaries During Delhi Lockdown: Kejriwal
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Delhi Cricket Association Yet To Pay Salaries To Coaches, Support Staff
- Cancellation Of Olympics 'Not On Agenda', IOC To Decide Within 4 Weeks