Kishore Kumar who loved fish delicacies used to frequent Uttam Kumar's residence during his Kolkata trips, even when the Uttam-Supriya Devi duo were in Mumbai for a visit.
"I remember how Kishoreda liked golden prawn malaikari and bhetki jhal and would ask for these dishes whenever we met. He would say 'khub bhalo hoyechhe' (it tastes amazing) whenever I cooked something for him," Supriya Devi told PTI at the Uttam food festival here last night.
Besides Kishore Kumar, who would demand that Supriya Devi cook fish delicacies for him during the shooting of Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein, a film in which both Kishore-Supriya were in the leads, popular Hindi actor Sanjeev Kumar was another admirer of Supriya Devi's culinary skill when he went to Uttam Kumar's Bhawanipore residence.
"I have never tasted anything like this earlier," Sanjeev Kumar once told Supriya Devi while sampling 'kaju chicken' at an 'adda' session at Uttam Kumar's south Kolkata residence, the veteran actor recalled as the festival at Six Ballygunge Place came to an end today.
Supriya Devi recalled how Uttam Kumar, who had paired with her in many golden hits of the 60s, savoured her 'kantachachhari' preparations (made of chopped vegetables and fish bones). She also shared the recipes of all the favourite dishes of the matinee idol, such as Chingri macher Paturi, Palang Panir Kofta, Mangsher Do Piyaza and Sager dal in the food festival which began from September 5 in Kolkata, while chef Sushanta Sengupta and his team rustled up the delicacies
"Happy that 33 years after his death, a food festival named after him and his favourite items is being organised at long last," Supriya who had starred opposite Uttam Kumar in hits like Uttarayan, Suno Baranari, Lal Pathor, Sudhu Ekti Bochhor, Bilambita Loy, Sanyasi Raja and Bon Palashir Padabali, said.
'Kishore to Sanjeev Kumar - All Loved Bengali Food'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly