Slamming the Sri Lankan government over the 'inhuman act' of alleged cold blooded killing of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran's 12-year-old son, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today said India should act tough against Colombo and support the Lanka-specific resolution on alleged human rights abuses at the March UNHRC meet in Geneva.
"He was just a child who had not committed any crime. He was killed in cold blood as he was the son of Prabhakaran. It is an evidence of many such killings and reveals the mindset of the present Government in Sri Lanka," she told reporters here, describing it as 'an inhuman act of extreme cruelty.'
The AIADMK chief said such "systematic and methodical killings" reminded her of Nazi-era Germany under Hitler where Jews were persecuted just because of their race.
Balachandran's killing is a "war crime of grave nature and unforgivable," the Chief Minister added.
Demanding tough action against Colombo over alleged human rights violations, she said India should talk to the US, which is moving a Lanka-specific resolution at the UNHCR next month, and other like minded countries to draft a resolution to be passed at the rights body.
"All those guilty of war crimes should face the International Court of Justice," she demanded.
The Chief Minister recalled a 2011 Tamil Nadu Assembly resolution seeking imposition of economic embargo against Sri Lanka till the time Tamils were ensured of better conditions on par with majority Sinhalas and said the same had been reiterated during the recent week-long Assembly session.
Killing of Prabhakaran's Son a War Crime: Jayalalithaa
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Three Accidents In Atal Rohtang Tunnel In 72 Hours Since Inauguration
- Junior Commissioned Officer Killed In Shelling Along LoC: Army
- How Axar Patel Caught RCB In Web Of Spin
- US President Donald Trump Returns To The White House
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Pompeo To Meet Jaishankar In Tokyo
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli