BJP vice president and MP Vinay Katiyar today announced a one-month sabbatical from politics during which he will retire to a small island on river Saryu to lead a life of abstinence and pray for the party's return to power in Uttar Pradesh after the 2012 assembly polls.
"I will not be in touch with the outer world and politics for one month during the Kalp Waas (stay in seclusion) and practise special prayers, which gives me self-satisfaction," Katiyar told PTI.
However, one of his supporters in Ayodhya said the one-month lay off which will see the BJP leader living a life of total abstinence in the seclusion of the island is meant to brighten the party prospects in UP in the assembly polls next year.
"To boost the BJP's chances to return to power in Uttar Pradesh in the coming assembly elections, Katiyar has decided to go into Kalp Waas so that lord Rama may shower his blessings on the party," Raghav Das, a Katiyar supporter in Ayodhya, said.
Katiyar, who is an accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case, also charged the Centre with conspiring against Hindu leaders.
"The government is conducting re-inquiry by new officers into Samjhauta Express and Malegoan blasts to give safe passage to actual terrorists and divert the nation's focus to so-called Hindu terrorism, a term coined by it," the Rajya Sabha MP said.
However, unlike normal 'Kalp Waas' associated with abstinence and seclusion and done by saints, Katiyar's version of it will see his full Z security and his personal staff accompanying him to the island.
State-of-the-art makeshift tents, communication equipment and other facilities including power generators will also be installed on the island to provide him comfort.
Katiyar to Go on Sabbatical to Ensure BJP's Poll Victory
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Govt Says No Plan To Extend 21-Day Coronavirus Lockdown
- Rebranding China In The Time Of Coronavirus
- OPINION: Not COVID-19, Racism Is A Virus That Has No Cure And India Is A Hotspot
- Coronavirus Pandemic Live Updates: Positive Cases In India Soar To 1071, Death Toll Reaches 29
- Will Stray Animals Survive The Coronavirus Lockdown?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- PM Lauds Omar's Call To Avoid Large Gathering After Uncle's Death
- Bollywood Singer Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive For Fourth Time
- 756 Coronavirus Deaths In 24 Hours In Italy; Lockdown Likely To Be Extended
- Amid Lockdown, UP Govt Transfers Rs 611 Crore To 27 Lakh MNREGA Workers
- Congested Dwelling Led To COVID-19 Spread In 25 Members Of A Family
- Coronavirus: Trump Says Peak US Death Rate Likely To Hit In Two Weeks
- Wimbledon Set To Be Cancelled Due To Coronavirus: German Tennis Chief
- Anushka, Virat Pledge Support To India's Fight Against COVID-19