BJP vice president and MP Vinay Katiyar today announced a one-month sabbatical from politics during which he will retire to a small island on river Saryu to lead a life of abstinence and pray for the party's return to power in Uttar Pradesh after the 2012 assembly polls.
"I will not be in touch with the outer world and politics for one month during the Kalp Waas (stay in seclusion) and practise special prayers, which gives me self-satisfaction," Katiyar told PTI.
However, one of his supporters in Ayodhya said the one-month lay off which will see the BJP leader living a life of total abstinence in the seclusion of the island is meant to brighten the party prospects in UP in the assembly polls next year.
"To boost the BJP's chances to return to power in Uttar Pradesh in the coming assembly elections, Katiyar has decided to go into Kalp Waas so that lord Rama may shower his blessings on the party," Raghav Das, a Katiyar supporter in Ayodhya, said.
Katiyar, who is an accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case, also charged the Centre with conspiring against Hindu leaders.
"The government is conducting re-inquiry by new officers into Samjhauta Express and Malegoan blasts to give safe passage to actual terrorists and divert the nation's focus to so-called Hindu terrorism, a term coined by it," the Rajya Sabha MP said.
However, unlike normal 'Kalp Waas' associated with abstinence and seclusion and done by saints, Katiyar's version of it will see his full Z security and his personal staff accompanying him to the island.
State-of-the-art makeshift tents, communication equipment and other facilities including power generators will also be installed on the island to provide him comfort.
Katiyar to Go on Sabbatical to Ensure BJP's Poll Victory
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh