Bharatiya Janata Party national vice-president Vinay Katiyar today demanded that the Prime Minister take the initiative in tabling a Bill in the Parliament to ensure construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
"Now that the Allahabad High Court has given a clear verdict, a Ramjanambhoomi Bill should be brought in Parliament to pave the way for construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should take the initiative in this regard," Katiyar told PTI here.
Katiyar, who arrived here today to address a rally at Deganga in North 24-Parganas district where a communal clash sparked off tension on September 7, said "legitimate demands for a Ram temple be translated into reality".
"Such a Bill for a Ram temple in Ayodhya should be in line with the Bill piloted by former Union home minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel for clearing the ground for Somnath temple in Gujarat," he added.
Katiyar Demands 'Ramjanambhoomi Bill' in Parliament
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Mehbooba Mufti To Attend Meeting Of Gupkar Declaration Signatories
- DC Vs RR: Delhi Choke Rajasthan After Dhawan, Iyer Fifties
- SP Leader Mulayam Singh Yadav Tests COVID Positive
- Shotgun's Actor-Son Luv Sinha To Contest From Patna On Congress Ticket
- The Silence Of The Dalit Politician
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Nortje Bowls Fastest Delivery In IPL
- 'When We Return To Power, Will Put Back Sonia's Plaque At Tunnel'
- 15 Die As Heavy Rains Lash Hyderabad; People Asked To Stay Indoors
- Himachal Speaker Tests COVID-19 Positive
- We Are Looking At Various Promotions To Attract Viewers: Sanjeev Bijli Of PVR
- Apple Launches New iPhone 12 Series, To Be Shipped Without Adapters
- Old Law Machine Seeks A New Engine
- Kagiso Rabada Reserves Special Praise For Debutant Tushar Deshpande