Bharatiya Janata Party national vice-president Vinay Katiyar today demanded that the Prime Minister take the initiative in tabling a Bill in the Parliament to ensure construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
"Now that the Allahabad High Court has given a clear verdict, a Ramjanambhoomi Bill should be brought in Parliament to pave the way for construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should take the initiative in this regard," Katiyar told PTI here.
Katiyar, who arrived here today to address a rally at Deganga in North 24-Parganas district where a communal clash sparked off tension on September 7, said "legitimate demands for a Ram temple be translated into reality".
"Such a Bill for a Ram temple in Ayodhya should be in line with the Bill piloted by former Union home minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel for clearing the ground for Somnath temple in Gujarat," he added.
Katiyar Demands 'Ramjanambhoomi Bill' in Parliament
THE LATEST ISSUE
- BJP Stalwart Arun Jaitley To Be Cremated Today, Leaders Pay Last Respects
- Obituary | Arun Jaitley: Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- '..We End Up With Our Voice Being Taken Away': IAS Officer Hailed For Role In Kerala Floods Quits
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- I Am Disappointed With Myself: KL Rahul
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Cup Final: Vicuna Blames Refereeing For MB's Loss To GKFC
- NASA Investigating First Crime Committed In Space: Report
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face