Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab should not be allowed to approach the Supreme Court and should be hanged publicly, says Kavita Karkare, wife of slain ATS chief Hemant Karkare.
Reacting to the special court giving Kasab death sentence, Kavita said, "I don't think this is the end of the chapter of 26/11. This is just the beginning. Now we should hang Kasab publicly and we should not give him a chance to go to the Supreme Court".
She said in the last 18 months, a lot of patience has been shown and a message given to the entire world that India is a democratic and peaceful country.
Kavita said the people should come together to combat terrorism.
Her comments came amid concerns voiced that it may take a long time for the legal process to be completed. Kasab can move the High Court, the apex court and then seek clemency from the President.
She, however, said there were several questions which have still remained unanswered.
"I am happy with the court's verdict. Kasab will meet his fate for his deeds," Karkare told reporters today hours after the Additional Sessions Judge M L Tahaliyani pronounced death sentence to Kasab.
However, Karkare, who comes from a family with a police background, said that she was not satisfied with the "stories made-up" by the police over the missing bulletproof jacket, which Karkare had worn.
She said that the police have still not been able to find out who actually killed her husband on the dreadful night of November 26, 2008.
"I think I am being misled. Neither the police nor the government is providing me with the facts as to who killed Hemant. I now feel that they have cooked stories about the missing bulletproof jacket," she said.
On May 3, while delivering the judgement, the court observed that Abu Ismail's bullet had killed Ashok Kamte. "But experts could not form an opinion as to whose bullet killed Karkare and encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar," court said.
"I am not accusing either the state government or the Mumbai police. But my point of contention is that I want true answers to the several questions that are still lingering in my mind," she added.
Kasab Should Be Hanged Publicly: Kavita Karkare
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Over As Assam Chief Minister Today
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly