Stage is set for the re-entry of K Muraleedharan, son of veteran leader late K Karunakaran, to the Congress with the state leadership deciding to make a formal plea to AICC chief Sonia Gandhi to take him back.
Kerala PCC president Ramesh Chennithala today said he would and former chief minister Oommen Chandy would meet Gandhi early next month to request re-admission of Muraleedharan, who broke ranks with the parent body about six years back.
Muraleedharan's open expression of wish to rejoin the Congress and death of his father last month have given momentum to his return to the Congress with all senior leaders including Defence Minister A K Antony supporting his case.
'Myself and Opposition leader Oommen Chandy will meet AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi and request her to take Muraleedharan back into the congress', Chennithala told reporters here today.
"We hope a favourable decision would be taken," he said. He said they would be meeting Gandhi after the completion of the ongoing Kerala Mochana yatra campaign headed by Chandy, which is to conclude here on February 4.
A former KPCC president and ex-MP, Muraleedharan was suspended from the Congress some six years back after he broke ranks with the party and floated DIC-K with the blessings of his father.
Though Karunakaran returned to the Congress after DIC-K proved an electoral flop ,his son kept away merging his outfit with NCP and headed its stte unit for while.
After a while, Muraleedharan himself started airing his eagerness to get back to the Congress but his re-entry had been opposed by sections in the state unit.
Muraleedharan had been waiting for a return to Congress after resigning as NCP state president last year. He had also actively worked for Congress candidates in the last local body elections in the state.
Karunakaran's Son to Return to Congress Soon
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly