Tamil Nadu wicket-keeper batsman Dinesh Karthik was today included in the Indian team for next two cricket one-dayers against Sri Lanka as a replacement for captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who has been forced to sit out because of a two-match ODI ban.
Lanky Pacamen Ishant Sharma has also been recalled into the squad in place of fellow pacer S Sreesanth who has been out of action since testing positive for swine flu.
These were the only two changes made in the squad announced by BCCI secretary N Srinivasan after a selection committee meeting here.
Yuvraj Singh, who has not played a single match because of a finger injury and flu, has been retained in the squad which is an indication that the elegant left hander was expected to be fit for the remaining three matches of the five-match series.
Karthik will keep wickets for the third and fourth matches after Dhoni was banned for two ODIs with immediate effect for the team's slow over-rate during the second one-dayer in Nagpur.
The third one-dayer is scheduled to be played in Cuttack on December 21 while the historic Eden Gardens will be the venue for the fourth match on December 24. The five-match series is currently tied 1-1.
Team for third and fourth ODIs:
Virender Sehwag (capt), Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Suresh Raina, Ravinder Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Ishant Sharma, Virat Kohli, Sudip Tyagi, Praveen Kumar and Pragyan Ojha.
Karthik Replaces Dhoni, Ishant Recalled in Place of Sreesanth
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'We Shall Win This Together': PM Modi After Trump Thanks Him For Covid-19 Drug Export
- Coronavirus: India's Positive Cases Rise to 5,734, Death Toll Reaches 166
- Delhi May Face Shortage of Vegetables, Fruits Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Explained: What Are Disinfection Tunnels And Are They Safe?
- Two Safdarjung Hospital Doctors, Out To Buy Fruits, Assaulted For 'Spreading Coronavirus'
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- 'He Was Terrific': After Warning, Trump Showers Praise On Modi
- Delhi, UP Seal Covid-19 Hotspots; Here Are The Areas To Be Locked Up
- Mehbooba Mufti Determined To Oppose 'Illegal Abrogation of Art 370'
- Shortage Of Migrants Pose Challenge to Farmers In Punjab, Haryana
- Phased Rollback Of Lockdown Most Rational Approach: Kerala CM
- Private Airlines Refused To Carry Covid-19 Samples To Pune For Testing
- Suspension Of Olympics Qualification Big Blow For Indian Athletes: Coach
- Coronavirus: Premier League Stars Announce #PlayersTogether Charity