Siddaramaiah was today appointed Karnataka Chief Minister and invited by Governor H R Bhardwaj to form the next government following his election as the Congress Legislature Party leader.
"The Governor has given a letter to me appointing me as Chief Minister," Siddaramaiah told reporters after calling on Bhardwaj at the Raj
Siddaramaiah said he would indicate to the Governor the date of his swearing in, which was "most likely" to be on May 13.
He said he would take the oath alone and form the ministry after consulting Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice-President Rahul Gandhi.
Siddaramaiah said the Governor had invited him based on the letter given by KPCC chief G Parameshwara and Congress General Secretary in-charge of Karnataka Madhusudan Mistry stating that he had been elected the CLP leader and should be invited to form the government.
Karnataka Guv Appoints Siddaramaiah as CM
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Over As Assam Chief Minister Today
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly