Senior journalist Karan Thapar has won the Asian Television Award in the category of Best Current Affairs Presenter.
He was given the award at a function in Singapore last night.
Thapar has won the award for the fifth time in the 15-year history of the Asian Television awards. He won the award earlier in 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2007.
He won the award for his interview of top lawyer Ram Jethmalani in Devil's Advocate programme on CNN-IBN.
The interview, which was aired in June this year after Jethmalani's decision to rejoin BJP, ended abruptly when the lawyer walked out in anger over questions about allegations of opportunism surrounding his return to the party.
Karan Thapar Wins Asian Television Award
THE LATEST ISSUE
- SC Reserves Order On Pleas Seeking Court Monitored Probe In Rafale Deal
- ISRO Launches GSAT-29 Communication Satellite
- Pakistan Doesn’t Want Kashmir, It Can’t Manage Its Four Provinces: Shahid Afridi
- Ponzi Scam Case: Former Karnataka Minister Janardhana Reddy Gets Bail
- Blog | From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- The Relevance of Shah Rukh Khan Long After We’ve Stopped Running Through Mustard Fields
- Is India Different From Pakistan?
- Karnataka By-Poll Vignettes: U-Turn In Sholay Land
- Modi Is Non-Resident Prime Minister, Says DMK Chief M K Stalin
- All Global Terror Attacks Leads To Single Source: PM Modi
- Parliament's Winter Session To Begin From Dec 11
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections: 119 Candidates File Nominations
- Nehru Made It Possible For A 'Chaiwala' To Become Prime Minister: Shashi Tharoor
- Temporarily Divestment Is Kept On Hold, Says Air India CMD
- Congress Will Install People's Government In Chhattisgarh: Rahul Gandhi
- Trump Nominates Indian-American Neomi Rao To Federal Appeals Court