Senior journalist Karan Thapar has won the Asian Television Award in the category of Best Current Affairs Presenter.
He was given the award at a function in Singapore last night.
Thapar has won the award for the fifth time in the 15-year history of the Asian Television awards. He won the award earlier in 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2007.
He won the award for his interview of top lawyer Ram Jethmalani in Devil's Advocate programme on CNN-IBN.
The interview, which was aired in June this year after Jethmalani's decision to rejoin BJP, ended abruptly when the lawyer walked out in anger over questions about allegations of opportunism surrounding his return to the party.
Karan Thapar Wins Asian Television Award
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Supreme Court Says Aadhaar Constitutionally Valid, But Not Everyone Can Seek Access
- Aadhaar Gives Identity To Marginalised Sections Of Society: Top Quotes By SC
- Supreme Court Refuses To Review Its Order On Quota In Job Promotions
- Rafale Deal: 'Govt-To-Govt' Discussion, Wasn't In-Charge When Agreement Made, Says French Prez Macron
- Get Sleepless Nights When A Soldier Is Martyred: Rajnath
- What Nightlife, Cricket And Cinemas Have To Do With Kashmir Solution
- The Fitness Of An Actress Is No Virtue To Be Extolled By Misogynistic Bollywood
- Why Railways' Largest Recruitment Drive May Fail To Address Passenger Safety Concerns
- Article 35A: An Unprecedented Situation In Kashmir
- Four Months Of Kumaraswami Govt: Karnataka Power Games Carry On
- Prashant Kishor No Exception, Nitish Has Always Relied On 'Apolitical' Advisors
- India A Free Nation, Lifting Millions Out Of Poverty: Trump
- US: TV Icon Bill Cosby Sentenced Prison For Three To Ten Years, Termed As “Sexually Violent Predator”
- Chopped Body Of Minor Girl Found In Bags In Delhi Drain, Boyfriend Arrested
- Padma Lakshmi Says She Was Raped At 16, But She Kept Silent
- Lady Constable Seen Thrashing Woman For Befriending Muslim, Suspended
- More You Throw Mud At BJP, The More Lotus Will Bloom: PM Modi
- PM Modi, Rahul Gandhi Greet Manmohan Singh On His 86th Birthday
- Drunk Passenger Tries To Enter IndiGo Cockpit To Charge Phone, Taken Off The Flight