Vinita Kamte, wife of slain police officer Ashok Kamte who was killed during the 26/11 terror attacks, today expressed disappointment over the Ram Pradhan committee report which has given a clean chit to the Mumbai police and government.
"There are serious lapses and discrepancies on the part of senior police officials, which has been conveniently covered by the committee report. All the officers who had not performed their duties have been given a clean chit and will continue occupying their office," Vinita told PTI.
She said that she wanted to depose before the panel to point out these discrepancies but was not allowed to do so as the committee members said they did not have power to interview victims' kin.
"There are several questions that remain unanswered. How can we allow the police to get away with this? If there is another attack like this, I can assure no policeman would come forward to save this city. If the policemen were not able to save their colleagues, then how will they save citizens," Vinita questioned.
Vinita, however, said she would not approach the Maharashtra Chief Minister or any other politician and would take an appropriate legal recourse to address the issue.
The high-level committee appointed by Maharashtra Government, which submitted its report yesterday, had said 'no police can deal with (such) a war-like situation'.
She alleged that certain portions of the call records of the police control room on November 26 were deleted. "There are atleast ten minutes of conversation that has been deleted. I have sought call records of my husband, Ashok Kamte through RTI," Vinita said.
Additional commissioner of police Ashok Kamte, ATS chief Hemant Karkere, encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar and three other police constables were killed after their police jeep was attacked by two alleged LeT operatives, Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab and his partner Abu Ismail.
Kamte Disappointed with Pradhan Committee Report
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly