Actresses Kajol and Sushmita Sen have joined fellow stars and fashionistas in espousing the cause of saving girl child.
"I think the country needs to sit up and take notice about saving the girl child. In today's time people should not think that women are less than men. I don't think it is like that today. Basically, it is wrong and illiterate attitude," she told reporters last night.
Kajol was speaking at the 'save & empower the girl child' campaign organised by the city-based Lilavati hospital and Charitable Trust where renowned designer Manish Malhotra presented a charity fashion show in which some B-town celebs walked the ramp.
"It is very important and essential to join the 'Save Girl Child' initiative. It is a nice cause and I am happy to be here," Kajol who was the chief guest at the event said.
The actress said children are God's gift and no one has right to harm a little child or take anyone's life.
Those who walked the ramp in outfits designed by Malhotra included Sushmita Sen, Neha Dhupia, Padmini Kolhapure, who walked the ramp with her two sisters Tejaswini and Shivangi, playback singer Alka Yagnik, Shriya Saran, Mandira Bedi, Maria Goretti, Mini Mathur, Dipannita Sharma, Shaina NC, TV actress Mansi Joshi Roy and others.
"I am happy that Lilavati hospital is doing this. They are doing this initiative for saving the girl child, which is a powerful thing. I am happy that so many people are here to support, and I am blessed to be here," Sushmita said.
Kajol, Sushmita Appeal to Save Girl Child
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Exit Polls Indicate Modi's Narrative Strikes A Chord With Indian Voters
- Exit Poll Results: Narendra Modi Projected To Return As PM; NDA Headed For Landslide Victory
- Exit Polls Predict Doom For Mahagathbandhan In Bihar
- BJP Has A Lot To Cheer As Exit Polls Predict Big Blow To Naveen Patnaik's BJD In Odisha
- Exit Polls Predict No Seat For PDP In Jammu & Kashmir
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Exit Polls Give BJP Clear Lead In Karnataka
- Oppn Parties Write To EC On PM Modi's Kedarnath Visit, Say Violation Of Poll Code
- 'Kamal Dabao Nahin Toh Thok Doonga': TMC Alleges Central Forces Of Intimidating Voters
- 'Serene And Spiritual', PM Modi Prays At Badrinath Temple, Meditates
- Spot-Fixing Scandal 2010: Afridi Claims He Confronted Three Tainted Pak Cricketers
- Farhan Akhtar Urges Bhopal To Vote Against Pragya Thakur, Gets His Dates Wrong
- Tej Pratap Yadav's Security Guards Beat Cameraperson, He Says 'Incident A Conspiracy To Murder Him'
- Yuvraj Singh: Is India's World Cup Hero And Celebrated All-Rounder Retiring?