Actresses Kajol and Sushmita Sen have joined fellow stars and fashionistas in espousing the cause of saving girl child.
"I think the country needs to sit up and take notice about saving the girl child. In today's time people should not think that women are less than men. I don't think it is like that today. Basically, it is wrong and illiterate attitude," she told reporters last night.
Kajol was speaking at the 'save & empower the girl child' campaign organised by the city-based Lilavati hospital and Charitable Trust where renowned designer Manish Malhotra presented a charity fashion show in which some B-town celebs walked the ramp.
"It is very important and essential to join the 'Save Girl Child' initiative. It is a nice cause and I am happy to be here," Kajol who was the chief guest at the event said.
The actress said children are God's gift and no one has right to harm a little child or take anyone's life.
Those who walked the ramp in outfits designed by Malhotra included Sushmita Sen, Neha Dhupia, Padmini Kolhapure, who walked the ramp with her two sisters Tejaswini and Shivangi, playback singer Alka Yagnik, Shriya Saran, Mandira Bedi, Maria Goretti, Mini Mathur, Dipannita Sharma, Shaina NC, TV actress Mansi Joshi Roy and others.
"I am happy that Lilavati hospital is doing this. They are doing this initiative for saving the girl child, which is a powerful thing. I am happy that so many people are here to support, and I am blessed to be here," Sushmita said.
Kajol, Sushmita Appeal to Save Girl Child
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CJI To Consider Chidambaram's Case For Urgent Listing; ED Issues Lookout Notice
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- 'Disgraceful Misuse Of Power': Rahul Gandhi Flays BJP Govt Over Action Against Chidambaram
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- India’s Largest Biscuit Manufacturer Parle Says It Could Slash 10,000 Jobs: Report
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- Chidambaram 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth Inconvenient To Cowards: Priyanka Gandhi
- '... Await Mentioned Hearing In SC': Chidambaram's Lawyer Tells CBI
- Relief Helicopter Crashes In Rain-Hit Uttarkashi
- Preview: WI Vs IND, 1st Test
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Babulal Gaur Passes Away At 89
- MNS Activist Sets Himself Ablaze After ED Issues Notice To Party Chief Raj Thackeray
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS