Justice P D Dinakaran, who resigned as Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court barely a fortnight ago facing impeachment, wants to withdraw his resignation.
Justice Dinakaran has written a letter to President Pratibha Patil in
which he has expressed his desire to take back his resignation.
The letter is being processed by the Department of Justice in the Law Ministry, sources in the government said today.
The controversial judge, who was earlier Chief Justice of Karnataka High
Court, quit after he faced impeachment on charges of corruption and
However, it may not be easy for the judge to get back his job.
Officials pointed out that in Presidential appointments, once the
resignation is sent it is accepted automatically and according to some
judicial pronouncements and past precedents, it cannot be withdrawn.
Judges of High Courts and the Supreme Court are appointed by the President.
Soon after his resignation, Justice Sonam Phintso Wangdi was appointed as the acting Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court.
Justice Dinakaran had resigned on July 29, a day ahead of the hearing of
the three-member inquiry committee appointed by the Rajya Sabha
Chairman to probe charges of land grabbing and acquiring of assets
disproportionate to his known income.
Justice Dinakaran had failed to get any relief from the Supreme Court
after various attempts to stymie the committee proceedings did not
Justice Dinakaran Wants to Withdraw Resignation
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned In Mumbai After WHO Hoardings On COVID-19 Trigger Panic
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-Old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- Coronavirus Live Updates: 65-Yr-Old Man With Travel History To Delhi Dies In Karnataka
- RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4% Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- 'No One To Sleep Hungry': Kejriwal Announces Meals For 4 Lakh People Amid Lockdown
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Stop Mass Exodus Of Labourers, MHA Asks States Amid Lockdown
- The Delhi Cop Who Looks After 350 Poor Families Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
- 'RBI Took Giant Steps To Save Economy From Coronavirus Impact': PM Modi
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Prasar Bharati To Re-run 'Ramayan' From Mar 28
- Coronavirus: Athletes Qualified For 2020 Olympics Will Keep 2021 Spots – REPORT
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack Pak Attempt To Rupture Strong Indo-Afghan Ties
- US Has Now Most Positive Coronavirus Cases In World; Overtakes China, Italy
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19