Popular TV actress Juhi Parmar won the fifth season of controversial reality show Bigg Boss.
The show, spread over 14 weeks, came to an end with Juhi beating Amar Upadhyay, Mahek Chahal, Siddharth Bhardwaj and Akashdeep Saigal. Towards the end, her sole rival in the fray was Mahek.
"I am happy and thankful to the audience....I supported the truth since the start of the show and everyone has seen it. My family was my biggest support system. Whenever I was weak, I used to think of my parents, my husband and my in-laws," Juhi said.
She received Rs 1 crore in prize money.
The reality show has celebrity contestants staying in the Bigg Boss House for 14 weeks, cut off from the outside world and under continuous camera surveillance.
The winners of previous four seasons were Rahul Roy, Ashutosh Kaushik, Vindu Dara Singh and Shweta Tiwari.
The grand finale tonight saw performances by Indo-Canadian porn-star Sunny Leone, Rakhi Sawant, Malakia Arora, Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan.
The fifth season started with one male and 13 female contestants. Bollywood's bad man Shakti Kapoor entered the house with much funfare, along with actress Pooja Bedi, Nihita Biswas, wife of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, singer-actress Raageshwari Loomba, wrestler Sonika Kaliraman, model-VJ Pooja Mishra, Bhojpuri actress Shraddha Sharma, model-actress Shonali Nagrani, actress Mahek Chahal, Afgani beauty Vida, celebrity transgender Laxmi Tripathi, Rajasthani dancer Gulabo, anchor Mandeep Belvi and TV actress Juhi Parmar.
Amar Upadhyay, Akashdeep Saigal and Siddharth Bhardwaj entered later on. The Bigg Boss house this time had moved from Lonavala to Karjat.
International and national personalities who came on the show as guests were Swami Agnivesh, filmmaker Mahesh Bhaat, Australian cricketer Andrew Symonds and Japenese sumo wrestler Yamamotoyama.
There were cat-fights, physical and verbal abuses and romance in the house. Pooja Mishra took the centre-stage, by picking up fights with almost every contestant. She was ousted after a fight with Siddharth Bhardwaj.
Juhi Parmar Wins 'Bigg Boss' Season 5
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine