Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy today demanded a scrutiny of the phone records produced by Congress leader Digvijay Singh to prove that he spoke to slain police official Hemant Karkare, hours before his death.
Swamy said the nation "must reject the ridiculous" claim of Singh that the records show that the police official had spoken to him about the "harassment" allegedly meted out to him by Hindutva forces.
"The nation has not been provided with any evidence so far if what conversation, if any, took place or the duration of the call," he said in a statement here.
"The photocopy of the telephone records that Singh produced before TV cameras needs to be scrutinised since the telephone number on which a call was made from Singh's telephone was to a general SIT number in Mumbai and not to any of the two numbers on which Karkare could be accessed," Swamy said.
Under attack over his claim about a call from Karkare, Singh yesterday produced record of the conversation the slain ATS chief had with him on 26/11 and sought apology from Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil and all others who had dubbed him a "liar".
JP for Scrutiny of Karkare Call Records Given by Digvijay
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- MI Vs SRH LIVE: Boult Gets Bairstow; Hyderabad 34/1 (4.1)
- 'Be Back Soon,' 'Next Few Days Are Real Test': Trump
- UP CM Orders CBI Probe; Rahul, Priyanka Meet Hathras Victim's Family
- Bihar Assembly Elections 2020: BJP, JD(U) Reach Seat-Sharing Agreement
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Rahul Gandhi’s Tractor Rally Against Farm Laws
- When The Impact Players Misfire
- Another Mahagathbandhan Ally Quits At Patna Press Conference
- Durga Puja During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nirbhaya's Mother's Exclusive Take On Hathras Rape Case
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Teen Swiatek Blows Away Halep To Reach Last Eight