A TV news channel journalist has been arrested for allegedly raping and cheating a girl on the pretext of arranging a job for her, police said today.
Sunil Kumar Khatri (38), Bureau Chief of Azad news channel, was arrested last night and has been remanded to five days police custody today, Senior Superintendent of Police (Jammu) Manohar Singh told PTI.
Khatri, hailing from Poonch district, was taken into custody from his residence-cum-office at Sainik colony after the victim lodged a complaint with Gandhinagar police, Singh said.
He has been booked under section 376 (rape), 366 (forcible abduction) and 420 (cheating) of Ranbir Penal Code (RPC), he added.
The 21-year-old victim, a resident of Uttaranchal, in a complaint lodged yesterday alleged that Khatri has taken Rs One lakh from her for arranging a job of air hostess and later raped her in a house at Shastri Nagar on February 17.
When she asked him about the promised job, Khatri threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed the incident to anyone.
The girl in the complaint further alleged that Khatri had warned her that he had recorded the February 17 incident and would run the clips on his channel.
Journalist Arrested for Rape: Jammu
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What Makes Some Vaccinated People More Susceptible To Covid-19 Than Others? Experts Answer
- Outcry After J&K Police ‘Beat Women’ To Impose Corona Curfew
- Private Traders Saw Second Wave Coming, Hoarded Oxygen But Government Didn’t
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- How To Tackle 2nd Covid Wave: 9 Points From Opposition To Centre
- Modi’s War Against Covid: From ‘Timely & Tough’ to ‘Worrying’
- Column: Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- NC Condemns Israeli 'Atrocities' On Palestinians
- Fencer Bhavani Almost Skipped Qualifying
- Saina, Srikanth's Olympic Hopes Over