National Investigation Agency (NIA) has sought copies of the FIR and chargesheet filed by the Madhya Pradesh police in the murder of RSS pracharak Sunil Joshi, who was linked to Ajmer dargah and Hyderabad's Mecca Masjid blasts.
"Conspiracy to eliminate Joshi at a deserted place in Dewas on December 29, 2007, was hatched by his friend-turned-foe Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and others," as per the chargesheet filed in the murder case.
"The NIA has sought copies of the FIR and chargesheet in connection with the Joshi murder case," Dewas Superintendent of Police S P Singh told PTI.
"We got a communique regarding the same from Madhya Pradesh police headquarters yesterday," he said, adding "we are ready to provide the documents to NIA."
The central agency wants to investigate the Joshi murder case to string together the different terror cases allegedly involving right-wing outfits, sources said.
The Madhya Pradesh police had once stopped investigations into the Joshi murder case. It was only after some clinching evidence, unearthed by Rajasthan ATS that the mystery behind the murder was unravelled.
According to the 432-page chargsheet filed by Dewas police in March, Joshi had fallen out with Pragya, currently in jail for Malegaon bomb blast in Maharashtra, and his alleged killers due to his boastful nature.
Also, he had once misbehaved with Pragya following which she was angry with him and decided to bump him off, the document said. Besides her, four others have been named accused in the murder case.
The NIA is looking into Mecca Masjid, Ajmer, Malegaon and Samjhauta Express blast cases.
Joshi Murder: NIA Seeks FIR, Chargesheet From MP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Bihar: Corpses Of Suspected Covid-19 Victims Found Floating In Ganga River
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Users Who Don’t Accept New Privacy Terms Won’t Be Able To Receive Calls: WhatsApp
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine