He has been dating Bengali beauty Bipasha Basu for the past seven years and it looks like Bollywood heartthrob John Abraham is a 'Bong' at heart as he will be celebrating Durga Puja with his lady love in her native Kolkata.
The Dostana star will be savouring 'puchkas' and visiting the pandals with Bipasha at Ballygunge, where she grew up.
"Yes, I will be celebrating Durga Puja in Kolkata. I had also stayed in Ballygunge for 9 years and I am very attached to that place," said the actor who was in the capital to promote his upcoming flick Jhootha Hi Sahin.
While Durga Puja celebrations are high on his priority list, the actor said that his tight schedule meant that he gave the Commonwealth Games a miss.
The 37-year-old is a avid sports fan and had visited South Africa during the Football World Cup.
"I had a very tight schedule and not much time to spend in Delhi, so I was not able to attend any of the Commonwealth events," John told PTI.
While he is a dedicated boyfriend, John says that like his character Sid in Jhootha Hi Sahin, he sometimes lies to Bipasha.
"If I lie it shows on my face. But I think white-lies are ok as long it does not hurt or harm someone," said the actor.
He had left both men and women swooning with his dare-to-bare act in Dostana, but John has shed his famous chiseled physique to play a nerd in the romantic comedy, which releases on 22 October.
Though Abraham's earlier attempts to escape from his brawny image in films like Kabul Express, No Smoking and Aashayein failed at the box office, John is quite confident that his latest flick would click with the audience.
"An actor should try to get out of his comfort zone. He should have the guts to experiment with different roles and provide something different to his fans. My earlier films may have failed but they received wide critical acclaim," said the actor.
John Abraham to Celebrate Durga Puja in Kolkata
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli