The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) today appealed to ally BJP to withdraw its candidate S S Ahluwalia and instead vote for JMM nominee Sanjeev Kumar in the May 3 Rajya Sabha elections.
"We have sent a letter to the BJP President requesting his party’s support to JMM. We expect the BJP will vote for our candidate like it did last time (March 30)," JMM leader and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren told PTI here.
"Though after a belated decision, the BJP had voted for us on March 30, and we expect they will vote for JMM candidate this time too," Soren said.
He said the JMM’s stand was the same ever since it had nominated Kumar before the countermanded elections and re-nominated him after the new date was announced by the Election Commission.
In its letter, the JMM requested Gadkari to "continue his positive approach" as he has been doing since the formation of the BJP/JMM/Ajsu/JDU coalition government in September, 2010.
Congress candidate Pradeep Kumar Balmachu is the third candidate for the two seats going for polls afresh.
JMM Writes to Gadkari to Withdraw BJP’s RS Candidate
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB