Congress is still optimistic that Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric-JVM), which today reaffirmed its decision to abstain from tomorrow's Rajya Sabha elections, will reverse its stand.
"We are optimistic that JVM will change its stand, and allow all its eleven MLAs to vote for me," Congress candidate and PCC president Pradeep Kumar Balmachu told PTI here today.
However, JVM spokesman Saroj Kumar said, "There is no change in our party's stand. Our MLAs are abstaining from tomorrow's elections".
On Apr 23 JVM president and former chief minister Babulal Marandi had said his MLAs would stay away from voting as the Congress had rejected all its alternatives to field a joint opposition candidate for the Rajya Sabha elections.
Besides the Congress candidate, the BJP has fielded S S Ahluwalia while Sanjeev Kumar is contesting as JMM candidate for the two seats going for polls tomorrow.
The Election Commission has scheduled fresh elections after it cancelled the previous polls following allegations of horse trading by certain candidates then.
J'khand RS Polls: JVM Firm on Abstaining From Voting
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Dogs Roamed Around. I Thought Corona Was Better Than Rabies': Kashmiri Woman On Quarantine Facility
- 800 Who Came In Contact With COVID-19 Positive Delhi Doctor Quarantined
- Coronavirus Pandemic Live Updates: 3rd Death Reported In Gujarat, 4th In Maharashtra
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of Coronavirus Testing Kits
- 'Exercise, Exercise, Exercise': Omar Abdullah Talks About Time In Detention
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Doctors, Nurses Fighting Coronavirus Can't Even Get To Hospitals With Dignity
- Coronavirus Infection Rate Slows In Italy, But Deaths Continue To Rise
- With Over 3,600 Coronavirus Deaths, Spain Surpasses China's Death Toll
- COVID-19: Wimbledon Could Be Postponed Or Cancelled – Organisers
- Coronavirus: Outlook Suspends Print Edition Temporarily, Goes Digital
- J&K Govt Traces, Quarantines 150 People With International Travel History
- Sonia Writes To PM Modi Supporting Lockdown, Suggests Measures
- Stokes Continues With IPL Preparations Despite Cancellation Threat