Jharkhand Governor M O H Farook today approved an ordinance seeking regularization of unauthorized structures in the state, Raj Bhavan sources said.
Jharkhand Regularization of Unauthorized/Deviated Construction to Compounding in Urban Areas, 2011 was approved by the Governor.
Under the ordinance, the government has in principal agreed to provide flats, each of 250 square feet, to 8,000 BPL families who lost their dwellings in the anti-encroachment drive across the state.
The urban development department has been entrusted with the design.
Farook had on Saturday returned the ordinance asking the government to put it before the cabinet before seeking his approval.
Under pressure from anti-encroachment protesters, Chief Minister Arjun Munda had earlier on Thursday cleared it on behalf of the cabinet.
The governor’s nod came a day after the Munda cabinet approved it.
Munda had said his government would bring an ordinance for buildings which had slightly deviated from the original design approved by the regional development authorities after four people were killed during an anti-encroachment drive at Matkoria in Dhanbad district on April 27.
The opposition was up in arms against the drive after police firing at Islam Nagar in Ranchi on April 5 in which two persons were killed during the anti-encroachment drive.
The operation was taken up after the High Court asked the government to implement its earlier directives issued between 2003 and 2006.
Jharkhand Ordinance on Land Regularisation Passed
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- The Nitty Gritties Of Investigating Hathras Rape
- MI Vs RR: Suryakumar, Bumrah Set Up Massive Win
- No Ifs And Buts, Nitish Kumar Will Remain CM Even If We Win More Seats: BJP
- Covid-19 Virus Can Infect People More Than Six Feet Away: CDC
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Innocent Or Framed? Who’s The Real Rhea Chakraborty?
- Court Awards Life Imprisonment To Four In Alwar Gangrape Case
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS
- Atal Tunnel Opens Avenues Of Innovation In Tourism
- French Open: Thiem Stunned In 5-hour Epic As Schwartzman Enters Semis
- Rahul Gandhi Allowed To Enter Haryana
- How Is De-Globalization An Opportunity For India?
- No Need To Panic: Steve Smith