The Jharkhand Regularisation of Unauthorised/Deviated Construction to Compounding in Urban Areas, 2011 Ordinance was approved by Governor M O H Farook today, according to Raj Bhavan sources.
Under the ordinance, the government has in principal decided to provide flats, each of 250 square feet, to 8000 BPL families who lost their dwellings in the anti-encroachment drive across the state.
The urban development department has been entrusted with the design.
Farook had on Saturday returned the ordinance asking the government to put it before the cabinet before seeking his approval.
Under pressure from anti-encroachment protesters, Chief Minister Arjun Munda had earlier on Thursday cleared it on behalf of the cabinet.
The governor’s nod came a day after the Munda cabinet approved it.
Munda had said his government would bring an ordinance for buildings which had slightly deviated from the original design approved by the regional development authorities after four people were killed during an anti-encroachment drive at Matkoria in Dhanbad district on April 27.
The opposition was up in arms against the drive after police firing at Islam Nagar in Ranchi on April 5 in which two persons were killed during the anti-encroachment drive.
The operation was taken up after the high court asked the government to implement its earlier directives issued between 2003 and 2006.
Jharkhand Guv Approves Land Regularisation Ordinance
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Government Identifies 10 Coronavirus Hotspots As Positive Cases Surge
- 24 More Who Attended Religious Gathering At Nizamuddin Test Positive
- Why India Needs Social Safeguarding Measures To Protect Marginalised In Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Punjab, Bengal Record More Deaths; Maha Case Count Reaches 230
- Tendulkar's 'Coronavirus' Diary: Unplugged Music, TV Serials And Lot Of Sleep
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Get Counselors, Community Leaders To Calm Down Migrant Workers: SC
- Coronavirus Crisis: 60% Cut In Salaries Of Maharashtra MLAs, MLCs
- No New Covid-19 Cases In Ladakh In 12 Days As Lockdown Continues
- Those In Home Quarantine In K'taka Directed To Send Selfies To Govt
- Another Leopard Spotted In Chandigarh, Cops Ask People To Stay Indoors
- IPL Team Owners Have Discussed Staging Games Behind Closed Doors
- From Akshay-Salman To Janhvi-Sara Ali Khan, Corona Will Spare None
- COVID-19: Rohit Donates INR 80 Lakh