Jet Airways Chairman Naresh Goyal today expressed the confidence that the airline would overcome the troubles it is facing.
"Jet will be alright," he told reporters here during the India Aviation 2012.
Replying to a query on the non-payment of salaries to some staff and whether he had a word with pilots, he said, "No problem at all. I meet all my people all the time. They are my family."
When asked about the financial problems faced by the Indian aviation sector, Goyal downplayed the concerns.
"The whole world is facing (problems). Europe is facing, US is facing," he said.
Goyal also expressed the hope that Jet Airways' rival Kingfisher Airlines, owned by Vijay Mallya, would tide over its own crisis.
"I hope they will be alright. I hope so. I hope everybody will be alright," he said.
Meanwhile, Air India Chairman and Managing Director Rohit Nandan also exuded optimism about the outlook for his company.
He said the company has received a number of applications for the post of COO till the end of December and the final decision is likely to be taken soon.
Replying to a query, he said Air India would be able to pay salaries on a regular basis once the financial reconstruction package is through.
Jet Will Fly Alright, Says Naresh Goyal
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: G20 Countries Pledge $5 Trillion To Revive Global Economy
- 'No One Will Go Hungry': Govt Grants Rs 1.70 Lakh Cr Package To Poor Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus: With 88 New Infections, Cases In India Rise To 694; Death Toll Reaches 16
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack: A Pakistani Attempt To Rupture Strong Indo-Afghan Ties
- Coronavirus Pandemic Raises Serious Questions About China's Conduct
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: India Extends Ban On International Flights Till April 14
- 'First Step In Right Direction': Rahul On Centre's 1.70 Lakh Cr Package
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of COVID-19 Test Kits
- Panic-Buying Can Lead To Lack Of Essential Items During Lockdown
- Coronavirus: A James Bond-Inspired Mobile App Helping TN Authorities
- Rs 50 Lakh Insurance Cover For Doctors, Healthcare Workers Fighting COVID-19
- Shikhar Dhawan Urges Indians To Donate
- How Coronavirus Has Wrecked Sports