NDA convener and Janata Dal(U) President Sharad Yadav today slammed Congress-led UPA at Centre for criticising the CAG report on 2G spectrum loss.
"It was distasteful on the part of UPA ministers to issue challenging statements on the CAG report (on presumptive loss) instead of allowing a discussion on it in Parliament," Yadav told reporters here.
"It was not right on the part of UPA ministers to make statements on the CAG report as the auditor is a Constitutional institution," he said.
Yadav was reacting to the government charge that "sensationalism" over the CAG's presumptive loss figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore was responsible for "killing" the telecom sector in the wake of flopped sale of mobile phone spectrum this week.
The government, which had set a reserve price of Rs 14,000 crore for pan-India spectrum on the basis of CAG's assumption of Rs 1.76 lakh crore loss caused to the exchequer in the previous sale in 2008, managed a meagre Rs 9,407.64 crore in the auction that lasted barely two days.
The JD(U) chief said he was hopeful that Parliament session starting from November 22 will run smoothly.
"The government would be cornered on the issue of retail in FDI. There would be no compromise on FDI as it would affect 25 crore people in the country. Other issues to be discussed in Parliament include coal block allocations and Reliance Power scam," Yadav said.
Responding to a query, the JD(U) chief said unemployment and inflation have reached a record high due to widespread corruption in the last 65 years.
He said the NDA would announce its prime ministerial candidate at an "appropriate" time.
When asked about the possibility of a front emerging under the leadership of SP supremo Mulayam Singh, he said the country had only three fronts, UPA, NDA and the Left parties.
JD(U) Slams UPA for Berating CAG Report on 2G
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Coronavirus Grows, As Do Questions: Will The Tokyo Olympics Open?