Three prominent names from Hindi film music --Javed Akhtar, Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Niigaam -- have collaborated on a theme song that boosts the morale of paramilitary CISF, tasked to guard country's civilian airports.
The song for about 1.50 lakh strong force was unveiled by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde yesterday at the force headquarters here.
While Akhtar has penned the lyrics, Chauhan and Niigaam have sung the 5-minute tribute song.
The song 'desh ki rakshaa humaaraa dharm hai, desh ki rakshaa humaaraa karm
hai' aims to boost the morale of the force, a senior Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) official said.
The song will now be a part of all the official ceremonies and passing out parades of the force.
The CISF is mandated to secure vital public buildings in the government and private domain while it also guards important nuclear and aerospace stations including the Delhi Metro and 59 civil airports of the country.
"The theme song was needed for a long time and this would strengthen the feeling of oneness and esprit de corps among the personnel," CISF chief Rajiv said.
A number of Parliamentarians and ministers including Civil Aviation minister Ajit Singh were present during the unveiling of the song by Shinde and Akhtar last night.
Javed Akhtar and Sonu Niigaam Collaborate for CISF Song
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine