Ace shooter Jaspal Rana along with a host of politicians has been served notices for allegedly violating election code, official sources have said.
Rana, who is the BJP candidate from Tehri seat, was served notice by SDM Kalsi yesterday for having his posters plastered on walls in the area.
The Rishikesh administration also issued notice to Revenue Minister Diwakar Bhatt for using an official vehicle fitted with red beckon during an election programme.
Congress has also lodged a complaint against BJP State President Bachi Singh Rawat for allegedly using religious places for electioneering and misusing official machinery for political gains.
State congress spokesman SK Dhasmana accused Rawat, who is contesting from Nainital of draping religious idols in BJP flags and even putting a flag on the horns of Nandi God at a temple in Khatima area of Kumaon region.
Jaspal Rana Gets Notice for Poll Code Violation
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Oppn Parties To Meet Election Commission Today Over VVPAT Verification
- 'Perfect Elections': Pranab Mukherjee Praises EC Amid Opposition Criticism
- ‘Don’t Get Disheartened By Exit Polls’: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra To Congress Workers
- Sensex Jumps Over 200 Points To Hit All-time High In Early Trade
- After Exit Polls Prediction, NDA Leaders To Meet Amit Shah, PM Modi Over Dinner Today
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Modi Ji Wants To Get Me Killed: Arvind Kejriwal
- 21 Oppn Parties To Discuss Possibilities Of Non-NDA Alliance In Delhi Today
- Buoyed By Exit Polls, BJP Workers Gear Up For Celebrations On May 23
- Exit Polls Not Final Results, But Indicate BJP Will Come To Power: Nitin Gadkari
- Vivek Oberoi's Exit Poll Meme Involves Aishwarya, Salman And Abhishek; Sparks Row
- Will Observe Maun Vrat To Atone For Hurtful Remarks, Says Pragya Singh Thakur
- Though Exit Polls Are Favourable, DMK's Stalin Says Will Wait For May 23
- Delhi Lok Sabha Poll Results May Get Delayed By 5-6 Hours: CEO