The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court today rejected the bail application of Paulson Joseph, an alleged Chota Rajan aide, arrested in connection with the murder of senior journalist Jyotirmoy Dey.
According to the police, Paulson had supplied mobile SIM cards to the shooters who were in touch with Rajan by phone.
Paulson, in his now retracted confession, had said that journalist Jigna Vora -- a co-accused -- had contacted him few months before the murder, and asked him to help her in getting in touch with
Rajan. He had also said that later Rajan and Vora started communicating directly.
The court granted bail to Vora on July 27. She is accused of passing some information such as the registration number of Dey's motorcycle and his address to
Rajan, prior to the murder.
According to police, Rajan, upset with two articles written by Dey, ordered the killing. Dey was shot dead in suburban Powai on June 11, 2011.
The sessions court had, on July 18, granted bail to Paulson in the case of firing outside the house of Iqbal
Kaskar, the brother of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim. Kaskar's bodyguard-cum-driver was killed in the firing.
J. Dey Murder Case: Chota Rajan's Aide Bail Plea Rejected
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly