Income Tax officials today carried out simultaneous raids on the residences and offices of Malayalam superstars Mammootty and Mohanlal in Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
According to IT sources, raids were being conducted on complaints that the stars had amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income.
Raids were conducted at houses owned by Mammootty at Kochi and Chennai and those of Mohanlal at Bangalore, Chennai Thiruvanthapuram and Kochi. Business concerns and offices connected with them are also being searched.
Raids were carried out in a coordinated way with sharing of information and participation of IT officials and sleuths from Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
A total of 80 officials from different places are involved in the raid.
IT Raids at Homes, Offices of Malayalam Superstars
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC LIVE: Nortje Gets ABD; Bangalore 70/3 (11)
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Amit Mishra's Season Ends
- Cavani To Man Utd, Depay To Barca: Possible Transfer Deadline Day Deals