Both of them come from film backgrounds and made their movie debut within months of each other. Comparisons between actors Imran Khan and Ranbir Kapoor are inevitable but the former thinks it is not fair to equate the two.
"There is space for everyone in the industry. It is not fair to compare one actor's success with another. You cannot compare me with Ranbir," said Imran.
The actor is often weighed against Ranbir, who belongs to the famous Kapoor family in Bollywood.
Imran is the nephew of Aamir Khan and his first film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was produced by the Bollywood superstar. But the actor has moved on from under his uncle's umbrella and takes his career decisions himself.
"I do not take any advice from him. He has a successful film career of his own and is very busy with that," said Imran, who was in the capital to promote his upcoming film I Hate Luv Storys releasing on July 2.
The 27-year-old actor began his Bollywood career with a romantic film in 2008 but went onto act in action flicks Luck and Kidnap with roles very different from that of his first movie.
When asked about his choice of films, Imran said, "I keep doing different kinds of films so that I don't get bored. There are many good directors making films in different genres. We actors are very lucky that we have so much choice these days."
He is back with the romantic flick I Hate Luv Stories and Imran says the format of love stories in Bollywood has changed over the years.
"Romantic films made in Bollywood have changed. Earlier the conflict used to be social, like a rich girl in love with a poor boy. These days the protagonists have ideological differences, like in our film," said Imran.
IHLS has Imran playing a Casanova who runs after girls but doesn't believe in the concept of love, while Sonam Kapoor, the female lead, is a love-struck die-hard romantic.
It is Not Fair to Compare Me with Ranbir: Imran Khan
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In TMC
- MI Vs RR: Suryakumar, Bumrah Set Up Massive Win
- ‘If Trump Is Still Covid-19 Positive, We Shouldn’t Have A Debate,’ Says Joe Biden
- The Nitty Gritties Of Investigating Hathras Rape
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Innocent Or Framed? Who’s The Real Rhea Chakraborty?
- Court Awards Life Imprisonment To Four In Alwar Gangrape Case
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS
- Atal Tunnel Opens Avenues Of Innovation In Tourism
- French Open: Thiem Stunned In 5-hour Epic As Schwartzman Enters Semis
- No Ifs And Buts, Nitish Will Remain CM Even If We Win More Seats: BJP
- How Is De-Globalization An Opportunity For India?
- No Need To Panic: Steve Smith