With the Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid case verdict expected next month, BJP leader Vinay Katiyar today said sensitive issues regarding faith and belief cannot be resolved in court and suggested that the government should make a law or build consensus on it.
"A mosque never existed there (in Ayodhya). This is a futile debate. This country and followers of Ram will never accept it (a court verdict that there was mosque)," Katiyar told reporters.
The hearing in a title suit on the disputed structure at Ayodhya is over in a special court in Lucknow and the three-judge bench is expected to give its verdict sometime in the last week of September.
He said his party or supporters did not move court on the issue and though he respected all courts of law, solution for such a problem cannot be found in a court verdict.
"Do you think the Kashmir issue can be resolved through a court verdict? Or Ayodhya? Many people believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected three days after being crucified. A court cannot decide whether such a belief is right or wrong," Katiyar said.
On the Ayodhya dispute, the firebrand leader said, "Some foreigner comes and commits a dacoity. Instead of punishing him, you cannot punish the victims. All this is Congress' doing."
Katiyar insisted that the dispute can still be solved but only if the government took initiative and build a consensus among different sections of society through talks. The other way out is to form a law in this regard, he added.
"Lord Ram was worshipped there, is worshipped there and will be worshipped there. Nobody can remove Ram from Ayodhya," Katiyar said.
Issues of Faith Can't be Resolved In Court: Katiyar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Mehbooba Mufti To Attend Meeting Of Gupkar Declaration Signatories
- DC Vs RR: Delhi Choke Rajasthan After Dhawan, Iyer Fifties
- SP Leader Mulayam Singh Yadav Tests COVID Positive
- Shotgun's Actor-Son Luv Sinha To Contest From Patna On Congress Ticket
- The Silence Of The Dalit Politician
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Nortje Bowls Fastest Delivery In IPL
- 'When We Return To Power, Will Put Back Sonia's Plaque At Tunnel'
- 15 Die As Heavy Rains Lash Hyderabad; People Asked To Stay Indoors
- Himachal Speaker Tests COVID-19 Positive
- We Are Looking At Various Promotions To Attract Viewers: Sanjeev Bijli Of PVR
- Apple Launches New iPhone 12 Series, To Be Shipped Without Adapters
- Old Law Machine Seeks A New Engine
- Kagiso Rabada Reserves Special Praise For Debutant Tushar Deshpande