The Delhi Police today filed before a court here a supplementary chargesheet in the February 13, 2011 Israeli Diplomat attack case giving details of vehicles used in the blast and details of over 4,000 mobile phone calls.
The supplementary chargesheet, filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Asha
Menon, contains verification report from the Transport authorities of the vehicles used by Houshang Afshar Irani to recce the Israeli Embassy and to plant the bomb on the diplomat's vehicle.
Irani is one of the four suspects named in the main chargesheet filed on August 31, 2012 in connection with the incident. The other three suspects are Masod
Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi, all Iranian nationals.
Journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi is the only named accused in the case who is said to have conspired with the suspects to execute the attack.
The supplementary chargesheet also contains a sanction to prosecute Kazmi under the Explosive Substances Act.
The police also annexed with it the cell ID chart of Delhi with 4,974 entries pertaining to call records of two mobile phone numbers allegedly used by Kazmi and the suspects before the attack.
The police told the court that the replies to the Letters Rogatory, executed to Georgia, Malaysia, Thailand, Iran and Israel, are still awaited and will be submitted before the court through another supplementary
"During investigation, one Dharmender Sharma produced a motorcycle used by Houshang Afshar
Irani, along with its documents stating that he has purchased the vehicle from one Rajender
"Therefore, ownership of the motorcycle was got verified from Transport Authority of Janakpuri which was found in the name of Rajender
Yadav," the police said in the supplementary chargesheet.
The police also annexed ownership record of a motorcycle seized by it after the attack on the woman diplomat Tal
Yehoshua, wife of the Israeli defence attache.
The police had said in the main chargesheet that Irani had stayed at a Paharganj hotel and on February 13, left the hotel on the bike carrying a rucksack and two helmets, and returned without the rucksack or the helmets.
During the probe, it was found that a motorcycle rider had attached a magnetic explosive device to the diplomat's car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire near the Prime Minister's house in central Delhi.
The supplementary chargesheet also contains the ownership details, received from the Ministry of External Affairs, of the Innova car in which the blast happened. The car is registered in the name of Alon
Yehoshua, the husband of the injured diplomat.
Kazmi, at present out on bail, has been charged under various provisions of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act
(UAPA), Explosive Substances Act and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including the attempt to murder.
A court here had earlier issued open warrants against the four suspects.
According to the chargesheet, Houshang Afshar Irani went to Bangkok and then to Kuala Lumpur, while Masod Sedaghatzadeh has been detained in Malaysia since March 14.
Israeli Diplomat Attack: Supplementary Chargesheet Filed
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Live Updates | CBI Seeks 5-Day Custody Of Chidambaram, Court Order Soon
- 'Broad Daylight Murder Of Law, Democracy': Cong Lashes Out At Govt Over Chidambaram's Arrest
- OPINION | 'Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave'
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Pakistan Says Kartarpur Corridor Will Be Opened In November
- Etawah 'Ragging' Case: Police, VC Deny Medical Students Were Forced To Shave Heads
- March To Delhi Temple Demolition Site Was 'Personal Decision': Dalit Body
- NDA Candidate Against Rahul Gandhi In Wayanad Arrested In UAE
- 'Yeh Mauka Ka Khel Hai' - Sehwag Wants Rohit To Get Long Run In Tests
- Kohli Hints At Four-Bowler Strategy Vs WI
- WATCH: Guns Fail To Fire Shots During Ex-Bihar CM Jagannath Mishra's State Honours Ceremony
- MP CM Kamal Nath's Nephew Ratul Puri Moves Court To Surrender In AgustaWestland Case