The Delhi Police today filed before a court here a supplementary chargesheet in the February 13, 2011 Israeli Diplomat attack case giving details of vehicles used in the blast and details of over 4,000 mobile phone calls.
The supplementary chargesheet, filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Asha
Menon, contains verification report from the Transport authorities of the vehicles used by Houshang Afshar Irani to recce the Israeli Embassy and to plant the bomb on the diplomat's vehicle.
Irani is one of the four suspects named in the main chargesheet filed on August 31, 2012 in connection with the incident. The other three suspects are Masod
Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi, all Iranian nationals.
Journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi is the only named accused in the case who is said to have conspired with the suspects to execute the attack.
The supplementary chargesheet also contains a sanction to prosecute Kazmi under the Explosive Substances Act.
The police also annexed with it the cell ID chart of Delhi with 4,974 entries pertaining to call records of two mobile phone numbers allegedly used by Kazmi and the suspects before the attack.
The police told the court that the replies to the Letters Rogatory, executed to Georgia, Malaysia, Thailand, Iran and Israel, are still awaited and will be submitted before the court through another supplementary
"During investigation, one Dharmender Sharma produced a motorcycle used by Houshang Afshar
Irani, along with its documents stating that he has purchased the vehicle from one Rajender
"Therefore, ownership of the motorcycle was got verified from Transport Authority of Janakpuri which was found in the name of Rajender
Yadav," the police said in the supplementary chargesheet.
The police also annexed ownership record of a motorcycle seized by it after the attack on the woman diplomat Tal
Yehoshua, wife of the Israeli defence attache.
The police had said in the main chargesheet that Irani had stayed at a Paharganj hotel and on February 13, left the hotel on the bike carrying a rucksack and two helmets, and returned without the rucksack or the helmets.
During the probe, it was found that a motorcycle rider had attached a magnetic explosive device to the diplomat's car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire near the Prime Minister's house in central Delhi.
The supplementary chargesheet also contains the ownership details, received from the Ministry of External Affairs, of the Innova car in which the blast happened. The car is registered in the name of Alon
Yehoshua, the husband of the injured diplomat.
Kazmi, at present out on bail, has been charged under various provisions of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act
(UAPA), Explosive Substances Act and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including the attempt to murder.
A court here had earlier issued open warrants against the four suspects.
According to the chargesheet, Houshang Afshar Irani went to Bangkok and then to Kuala Lumpur, while Masod Sedaghatzadeh has been detained in Malaysia since March 14.
Israeli Diplomat Attack: Supplementary Chargesheet Filed
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine