Former Karnataka Chief Minister S Bangarappa has thrown an hint about his quitting Congress again and joining JDS led by former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda.
"Kumarswamy has invited me to join JDS. I will take a decision on it in three or four days", Bangarappa told reporters after a brief meeting with JDS leader and Gowda's son H D Kumaraswamy.
Bangarappa is reportedly unhappy with the Congress after it did not heed his advice on appointment of office bearers to the party's Soraba unit.
Bangarappa has been insisting that his elder son, Kumar Bangarappa, with whom he did not enjoy cordial relations, not be given any post in Sorab unit, his home turf in Shimoga district and that his another son Madhu, a film producer, be preferred for leadership.
However, a majority of leaders in the Shimoga district unit want Kumar, an actor-turned-politician, to be given preference in the party affairs.
Bangarappa has been a votary of forging unity among secular parties including JDS in Karnataka,for which the Congress leadership is unwilling going by its experience earlier with the Gowda outfit which pulled down Congress-JDS coalition government headed by N Dharam Singh in 2006.
As Karnataka is in the midst of panchayat elections, Kumarswamy today called on Bangarappa and invited him to join his party.
Kumarswamy told reporters that he was confident that Bangarappa would take a decision on his invitation.
Bangarappa has quit the Congress at least half a dozen times and rejoined it as many times.
Bangarappa returned to the Congress in 2008 ahead of Lok Sabha polls and was defeated by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa's son Raghavendra in Shimoga Lok Sabha constituency. Dealing a double blow, Yedyurappa himself trounced Bangarappa from Shikaripur assembly constituency in the assembly elections.
Bangarappa's son Madhu,who contested as an independent, bit the dust at the hands of H Halappa of BJP in Soraba assembly segment, where his elder son Kumar (Cong) also lost.
Is Bangarappa Bidding Bye Again to Cong?
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 26 Covid Patients Die At Goa Govt Hospital
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga For Second Day In A Row
- Amid Backlash, Centre Questions Intent Of PIL Seeking Halt Of Central Vista Construction
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Covid Explained: How Vaccines Work On Different Body Types
- What Is Mucormycosis? What Are Its Symptoms And Treatment?
- Cong Will Be Remembered For ‘Duplicity, Pettiness’: JP Nadda To Sonia
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Users Who Don’t Accept Privacy Terms Won’t Get Calls: WhatsApp
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- Some Indian Players Didn't Like COVID-19 Restrictions: MI Coach
- Checkmate COVID: Vishy, Four Other GMs To Raise Fund