Shashi Tharoor who had to resign as Union Minister in the wake of IPL controversy today attended a meeting of the Rendezvous Sports World (RSW) which owns the competition's latest team Kochi.
Tharoor took part in the discussions as the "mentor" of the franchise and sought the support of all sections for the success of the team, consortium sources said.
The six-member team of the consortium held discussions with the KCA office-bearers on the conduct of IPL matches of the Kochi team and exuded confidence that the controversy surrounding their ownership pattern would not affect their participation in the IPL next year.
RSW, which owns the Kochi franchise, said it would be a team Kerala which will play its matches in the next IPL season in Kochi.
"These controversies are not going to come in our way," Vivek Venugopal, one of the owners of the consortium, told reporters here.
Certain technical problems for conducting the matches at the Jawaharalal Nehru International Stadium in Kaloor in Kochi have been raised by certain quarters, but with the help of Kerala Cricket Association (KCA), the Consortium expected that the matches would be held there, Venugopal said.
KCA Secretary T C Mathew said a proposal to organise Kerala Cricket League was also under consideration. This would help promote Cricket in Kerala and spot young talents and train them.
Asked about Tharoor's friend Sunanda Pushkar's statement on returning her sweat equity, Rendezvous CEO P T Kesav said, "Her statement has come to our notice. We will take a decision on that after holding a meeting of investors and partners."
"All the financial affairs of the consortium were transparent," he added.
Venugopal and Kesav said the controversy should be forgotten for the benefit of cricket and Kerala.
IPL Rows Would Not Block Kochi Team: Consortium
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Delhi, UP Seal Coronavirus Hotspots; Here Are The Areas To Be Locked Up
- Coronavirus Threat & Shortage Of Migrants Pose Challenge to Farmers In Punjab, Haryana
- Coronavirus Tests Must Be Conducted Free Of Cost In Govt & Private Labs, SC Tells Centre
- At All-Party Meet, PM Modi Suggests Extending 21-Day Lockdown
- Corona In The Chambal, Corona In The Secretariat
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Coronavirus Hotspots In 15 UP Districts To Be Sealed: All You Need To Know
- Bernie Sanders Drops Out Of US Presidential Race; Biden To Face Trump
- Mehbooba Mufti Determined To Oppose 'Illegal Abrogation of Art 370'
- Opinion: Animal World May Not Be Immune To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Phased Rollback Of Lockdown Most Rational Approach: Kerala CM
- Private Airlines Refused To Carry Samples Of Coronavirus To Pune For Testing
- Suspension Of Olympics Qualification Big Blow For Indian Athletes: Coach
- Fate Of I-League Hangs In Balance, Decision After COVID-19 Lockdown