Indian Premier League chairman Lalit Modi today brushed aside concerns that the Twenty20 League's franchise team owners are miffed at not being compensated for extra expenditure incurred during the 2009 event held in South Africa.
"It's absolute hogwash and there's no truth or merit in the (news) reports that have appeared. Our franchise owners are not like that," Modi told PTI.
Asked about the compensation for the owners, Modi said it was an ongoing process and part-payment has been done.
"It's an ongoing process. Part-payments were done. It has to go to the IPL Governing Council for approval," he explained.
However, other sources indicated that the franchise owners did have an issue with the IPL over non-payment of the compensation that was promised to them when the event was shifted out of the country.
"All the franchisees have incurred extra expenditure. They have so far not been compensated for it. They have decided not to pay the annual fees (to IPL)," they said.
All the franchises were represented at the IPL's Governing Council meeting held recently in Bangkok, they added.
IPL Chief Denies Rift with Franchise Owners
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Live, India Vs Bangladesh: Bumrah, Pandya Strike, IND In Commanding Position
- Vijay Mallya Allowed To Appeal Against Extradition By UK High Court: Report
- Mumbai Rains: 27 Dead As Walls Collapse At Three Places; City Comes To Virtual Halt
- After DMK's Snub In Tamil Nadu, Ex-PM Manmohan Singh's Renomination To RS Hits Roadblock
- 'Arrogance Won't Be Tolerated': PM Modi Slams Kailash Vijayvargiya's Son For Attacking Govt Official
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- Demonetisation Had No Impact On Indian Economy, Says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- 2019 LS Polls 'Least Free And Fair In 3 Decades': Group Of Ex-Civil Servants To ECI
- 'Trying To Increase Height': Twitter Has A Laugh As Congress Man Climbs Tree To Hang Himself Without Rope
- IND Vs BAN: 12 Years After Being Named In A WC Squad, Karthik Makes Debut
- Sonia Gandhi Opposes 'Corporatization' Of Rae Bareli Coach Factory, Calls It 'First Step' Towards Privatisation
- SpiceJet Flight Overshoots At Mumbai Airport, Main Runway Temporarily Closed
- Singapore HC Orders Freezing Of Bank Account Of Nirav Modi's Sister, Brother-In-Law
- Fuel Tank Of IAF's Tejas Aircraft Falls In Tamil Nadu Field, Probe Ordered