Indian Premier League chairman Lalit Modi today brushed aside concerns that the Twenty20 League's franchise team owners are miffed at not being compensated for extra expenditure incurred during the 2009 event held in South Africa.
"It's absolute hogwash and there's no truth or merit in the (news) reports that have appeared. Our franchise owners are not like that," Modi told PTI.
Asked about the compensation for the owners, Modi said it was an ongoing process and part-payment has been done.
"It's an ongoing process. Part-payments were done. It has to go to the IPL Governing Council for approval," he explained.
However, other sources indicated that the franchise owners did have an issue with the IPL over non-payment of the compensation that was promised to them when the event was shifted out of the country.
"All the franchisees have incurred extra expenditure. They have so far not been compensated for it. They have decided not to pay the annual fees (to IPL)," they said.
All the franchises were represented at the IPL's Governing Council meeting held recently in Bangkok, they added.
IPL Chief Denies Rift with Franchise Owners
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh