Infosys Technologies Limited today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed K V Kamath as an additional director to the Infosys Board, with immediate effect.
The Nominations Committee of the Board had earlier recommended Kamath's induction to the Board as an additional director.
Kamath will serve as an additional director till the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the company, to be held on June 20, when his appointment as a non-executive director will be recommended for the approval of the members. With the induction of Kamath, The Infosys Board will have 16 directors, Infosys said in a statement here.
Welcoming Kamath to Infosys' Board of Directors, N R Narayana Murthy, Chairman and Chief Mentor said Kamath is an outstanding corporate leader. His success in creating a grand vision for ICICI Bank and implementing that vision is a rare example of excellent leadership that is at par with the best in the corporate world internationally.
"His contribution to the Infosys Board will be significant. I welcome him and look forward to working with him to make this company even more successful."
Kundapur Vaman Kamath is non-executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of ICICI Bank Limited, India's second largest bank.
Infosys Inducts Kamath on Its Board
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly