Launching the Lok Sabha poll campaign of the Congress-led UDF in Kerala, AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi today attacked the CPI(M)-led LDF state government saying it had failed to implement "pro-people programmes due to infighting and corruption".
Addressing the final day of the 25-day-long 'Save Kerala March' led by KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala at Sanghumugham beach near here, Gandhi said LDF had failed to deliver the goods despite the UPA at the Centre providing schemes totaling Rs 40,000 crore to the state.
In sharp contrast, UPA had been able to prove that there was no contradiction between achieving growth and helping the poor. "In fact, when there is inclusive growth, the growth can be faster," he said.
Expressing concern over the fallout on thousands of Keralites working in the Gulf due to global downturn, he asked party leaders to work out a package to help the returnees.
He said since his take over of youth and student outfits of the party, plans had been put in place to ensure greater role for youth in politics and strengthening internal democracy in Youth Congress and NSUI.
Hailing Kerala's social and communal harmony, Gandhi said both the nation and the Congress had learnt many lessons from the state.
Infighting, Corruption Highlight of LDF Rule: Rahul
THE LATEST ISSUE
- DDLJ@25: A Love Story That Still Tugs At The Heartstrings
- DC Vs CSK: Axar Cameo, Dhawan's Maiden Ton Give Delhi Stunning Win
- Sabarimala Opening May Further Stress Healthcare System: Kerala Health Minister
- LATHICHARGE DIARY: RLD Leader Jayant Chaudhary On Being Caned In Hathras
- Govt To Revise Minimum Age Of Marriage For Girls Soon: PM Modi
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- RR Vs RCB: ABD Lifts Bangalore To Thrilling Win
- Press, Trust And India: Govt Mulls Its Own News Service
- Editors Guild Of India Gets Its First Elected President
- PM Reviews Vaccine Delivery Plan, Seeks 'Speedy Access'
- Gupkar Alliance Needs Clear Roadmap, Say Kashmir Parties
- Hathras Rape: Victim's Family Wants To Shift To Delhi For Security Reasons
- Global Hunger Index 2020: India Ranks 94 Out Of 107 Countries
- Everton 2-2 Liverpool: Henderson Winner Denied By VAR In Frantic Derby