A vital 47 by lower-order batter Amita Sharma followed by a collective disciplined performance by the bowlers helped India beat West Indies by 57 runs in the final ODI and win the series 3-2.
After electing to bat first, the hosts made 188 runs for the loss of nine wickets in their allotted 50 overs and then bundled out their Caribbean counter-parts for 131 in 45.4 overs.
India did not enjoy a good start as the visitors made full use of the early moisture and reduced the hosts to 65 for 5. However, Amita (47 runs, 43b, 3x4) in the company of Rumeli Dhar (32) and skipper Jhulan Goswami (16) guided the team to a fighting total.
For West Indies, Tremayne Smartt was the most successful bowler with figures of two for 27.
Defending a modest score, Jhulan gave India a good start by striking twice in the initial overs by sending back in-form Stefanie Taylor (2) and rival skipper Merissa Aguilleria (0). Amita removed Juliana Nero (8) from the other end.
One-down batter Shanel Daley tried to stabilise the sinking ship by making 63 off 112 balls with the help of six fours but her efforts were not enough as the hosts bowled a tight line and did not allow them to score freely.
Apart from Daley, only Deandra Dottin (21) and Anisha Mohmmad (16) could reach double-digits for the West Indies.
For India, Priyanka Roy was the wrecker-in-chief taking 3-26, while Jhulan Goswami and Gouhar Sultana bagged two wickets each giving away 22 runs and 25 runs respectively.
India 188 for 9 wickets in 50 overs (Amita Sharma 47 not out, Priyanka Roy 33, Rumeli Dhar 32, Mithali Raj 22, Tremayne Smartt 2-27) beat West Indies 131 in 45.4 overs (Shanel Daley 63, Deandra Dottin 21, Anisha Mohmmad 16, Priyanka Roy 3-26, Jhulan Goswami 2-22, Gouhar Sultana 2-25).
Indian Eves Beat WI by 57 Runs, Clinch Series 3-2
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid Pandemic: False Face Must Hide What The False Heart Doth Know
- In This Remote Himachal Town, Villagers Wait For Local Deity’s Blessings To Take Covid Vaccines
- Are Hospitals Prescribing Unscientific Coronil To Covid Patients?
- Cyclone Tauktae Wreaks Havoc In Karnataka: 4 Dead, 70 Villages Affected
- Will Salman Khan’s 'Radhe' Change The Game For Bollywood?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Book Review: Rising Above The Octopus
- To Protest Israel’s Atrocities Is A Punishable Offence In J&K: Mehbooba
- Covid-19: RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat Issues A Call To Action
- 10,000 Doses Of DRDO’s Antiviral Covid Drug To Be Distributed On Monday
- Amid Lockdown, J&K Govt Opens Bakerwal Migration Route
- AAP Admits To Pasting Posters Critical Of Modi
- Rafael Nadal Beats Novak Djokovic To Seal 10th Italian Open Title
- Atleti's La Liga Title Hopes In Own Hands