Income Tax department today raided the residences and offices of Telugu Cine bigwigs like Akkineni Nagarjuna, his brothers Venkat and Raviteja, and heroine Anushka.
The Income Tax Department, which is said to have sensed foul play in some land transactions done on behalf of the film personalities in Visakhapatnam recently, reportedly found inconsistent entries in some of their bank accounts.
"The searches were conducted at the offices and other premises of film personalities, including hero Nagarjuna, Raviteja, heroine Anushka and also Annapurna Studio owned by Nagarjuna family," sources told PTI.
Searches were carried out at the residential premises of Shiva Prasad Reddy, who made several movies like Kedi and Ragada with Nagarjuna.
The IT Department seized some documents from some of the places where searches were carried out, sources said, adding searches were being carried out late in the evening in Chennai also.
According to reports, Nagarjua, Anushka Shetty, Ravi Teja and several other actors from the Tollywood purchased huge tracts of land near beach town-Bhimili in the recent times.
The Bhimili Court in Visakhapatnam district recently issued summons to Anushka in connection with a land dispute. The Court issued summons to Anushka as she did not turn up for hearing in the case.
Anushka reportedly had bought the disputed land between Madhurawada and Bhimili Road in the district at a cost of Rs 5 crore.
According to sources, the IT officials in Visakhapatnam got wind of the information about various land transactions and sent the information to Hyderabad office where they found no mention of the transactions.
Nagarjuna recently developed a convention centre in the posh Madhapur area with huge investment. IT officials are investigating the income source for these investments. Ravi Teja who acted in recent block buster movies- Don Sreenu is said to have charged huge sums as remunerations.
Income Tax Raids Nargarjuna, Others
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Coronavirus Grows, As Do Questions: Will The Tokyo Olympics Open?