After steering Congress to power in Himachal Pradesh, its state chief Virbhadra Singh today said "he was in no hurry" to become the next Chief Minister and a final decision on the issue would be taken by party high command.
"The party had entrusted me the task of bringing it back to power in Himachal and AICC president Sonia Gandhi will now take the final decision on the CLP leader," he said.
When asked whether he would be chief minister for the sixth time, 78-year-old Singh said "he was in no hurry".
Singh was Chief Minister between 1983 and 85; 1985 and 1990; 1993 and 1998 and 2003 and 2007.
He, however, spoke about priorities of Congress government saying corruption charges against the BJP regime would be probed by a Special Investigation Team.
The BJP government targeted and implicated me in "false cases" and let loose political vendetta, he said adding, the CD case against him was a total "concoction".
In his previous term also, Dhumal had levelled "false charges" against me and justice in the matter was finally done by the High Court and Supreme Court, the Congress leader said.
He expressed his gratitude to the people and party chief Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for launching popular schemes and giving liberal financial assistance to Himachal through centrally sponsored schemes like
MNREGA, NRHM, Sarv Shiksha Abhiyaan, Mid Day Meal scheme and ICDS programme.
I'm In No Hurry to Become CM: Virbhadra
THE LATEST ISSUE
- PM Modi's Address To Nation: Coronavirus Has Not Gone, Don't Take It Lightly
- Calcutta HC To Review No-Go Orders For Puja Pandals
- Punjab’s Resolute: Assembly Unanimously Passes Bills Against Farm Laws
- Kashmir Times Office Sealed, Editor Alleges Persecution
- Sindhu, Upset With Training, Flies To UK; Shuttler's Dad Denies Rift In Family
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Ahead Of Polls, Bengal Braces For Bloodbath
- DDLJ Turns 25: 10 Ways In Which The Iconic Film Changed Bollywood Forever
- Rahul Gandhi Expresses Displeasure Over Kamal Nath’s ‘Item’ Remark
- Why Punjab And Haryana Are The Hub Of Farmer Protests
- Bihar Elections: Will Chirag Paswan's Gamble Of Going It Alone Pay Off?
- Not Afraid To Resign But Won't Let New Farm Laws Ruin Farmers: Punjab CM
- IPL 2020: Boosted By Ferguson, KKR Look To Make Amends Against RCB
- Srikkanth Slams Dhoni, Says CSK Skipper Keeps Talking 'Process'